Need a website, but can‘t or don’t want to do it yourself and AAUGHHggh!! don’t want to pay a lot of money?
I got you!
Websites are hard to design and build. In spite of everything you may have been led to believe about how easy they are to create, they are not – not even with cute sites like Wix and Squarespace. They are still difficult and complicated if you don’t know what you’re doing… and hate doing it on top of everything.
The thing is, the difference between being RICH and being BROKE might just be
(or lack thereof)
a Good website can change your life.
Yes, you read that right: a good website can change your life.
It can change your life, your family’s life.
And in today’s current world, being employer independent (i.e. self-employed 😉) and location independent can mean the difference between keeping an income flow…
Buying a new home…
Having your dream life…
ok I'm interested, but... who are you?
I’ve built websites for many different businesses over the years, large and small, corporate and private. I’ve seen a lot and learned even more.
However, over the years, my interest changed from building custom sites for clients (and unwittingly keeping them dependent on me as their webmaster), to wanting to empower clients, and give them freedom and autonomy.
Now, I channel my talents into providing beautiful starter websites to folks, and I TEACH you how to manage them on your own.
all without code!
fair enough, but why should I pick you over others?!?
You don’t have to pick me, but you do have to pick someone.
That is, if you want to have a business online.
Having established that you do, let’s talk about your options.
1. google "how to build a website", and see where you end up.
Good luck with this one. It’s a reasonable place to start, but where you’ll end up is anybody’s guess. There is a HUGE amount of information out there, and unless you’ve been reading and implementing it for twenty years (cough), you’re going to be completely overwhelmed and not know what to do or which direction to take.
Furthermore, it could take you months (or even years) before you get started because you’re already paralyzed from information overload, and who wants that? You want a site NOW.
You’ll most likely end up at #3 or #4.
2. search a template library, download one (or many), and see where you end up.
This isn’t a terrible option, but you have to know what you’re looking for. Do you know what kind of template you’re looking for?
WordPress? Joomla? Concrete5? Drupal? Bootstrap? PSD? Sketch? Magento? Shopify?
Oh wait, you don’t know which one to choose? HUM. Back to square [option] one.
Oh, you do? Awesome, that’s a great place to start. Let’s say you picked a WordPress template, you’ve already got hosting, and you’ve installed WordPress there.
You’re already farther than 90% of other people doing this. 😉
So what happens next? You browse through all the templates, and let’s be honest: they’re GORGEOUS. These people know what they’re doing!
[There’s the kicker: THOSE people know what they’re doing. Do you?]
What functionality do you want? Do you need email signup? What about ease of adjustment? What about plugins? Ads? A shop? Digital downloads?
So let’s say you choose a template based on the demo you saw and fell in love with, what you think you need and what you think the template can accomplish, pay the $70, download it, and install it to your WordPress base site. Wheee!!
Wait… why is it that when you check out your awesome new site, it doesn’t it look anything like the demo?!?!? Where is everything? Why is the whole thing blank? AND HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET IT TO LOOK LIKE THE DEMO YOU LOVE?!?!?
WHY ISN’T ANYONE HELPING YOU?!?!?!
Maybe you should try a different template. Maybe that one will do what you want and look the way you expect.
Ten hours, $700, and ten beers later….
Fuck this. You give up.
Time to try #3 or #4.
3. sign on with a site-builder company, and see where you end up.
This is probably the most popular option currently in the free world. There are a lot of companies offering site building using pre-built templates that you can start and edit online, whether they are specific to an industry (law firms, charity organizations, hair salons, chiropractors, etc.) or they offer more generic templates to cover all site types, companies like Squarespace, Wix or Weebly.
Even email management services like MailChimp and Constant Contact are getting in on the website template offering bandwagon. Many folks LOVE these services, because they like the idea of getting everything all at one place… like Walmart for online businesses.
The problem is, when a company tries to be all things to everyone, they end up being nothing to no one.
But even if you don’t use an all-in-one place, and just pick a site-builder-only type company like Squarespace, there is one HUGE risk involved:
YOU DON’T OWN YOUR WEBSITE
Did you see that? YOU DON’T OWN YOUR WEBSITE. That is nothing to blow off or ignore or pretend doesn’t matter.
You don’t ever want to put your business on a platform that you don’t own.
Why? Because you have to keep paying their monthly fee FOREVER.
If you don’t, your website DISAPPEARS.
GONE. NO MORE. SAYONARA.
And if the company decides to change their policies, or raise their prices (and they will!), pretty much if they change anything, you are held hostage to those changes or else your website CEASES TO EXIST.
You can’t export it out (at least not easily, if at all, most likely requiring a developer to help if you even can), you can’t scrape it, you can’t do anything.
Your website is OVER.
Your only recourse is to BUILD IT AGAIN FROM SCRATCH.
And unless you thought to keep copies of your copy, and your blog posts, and screenshots of your page designs, it’s ALL GONE when the bill stops being paid.
Does that sound
like the mob convenient? Is it worth the extortion ease of paying $20 a month to lose it all?
I think not.
Not when it’s your dream life we’re talking about.
But hey, you know, you get some nice templates and you don’t have to do much at the outset. You can have a basic site up pretty fast.
But what about later? What happens then?
Let’s try #4.
4. Hire a developer, and see where you end up.
So this is where I used to come in, when folks have tried all of the above and generally failed miserably. People get tired of limitations, tired of not knowing what they’re doing, just plain tired of trying to get their website off the ground.
They don’t want to do it anymore, because it’s HARD.
They’re ready to hand it over to someone else, and they might even be willing to pay for it. Because it’s HARD.
However, hiring a developer is rarely where people start.
We’re expensive! But we should be.
A good developer has spent the better part of 20 years learning the craft (cough), navigating the endless requirements to keep oneself up to date as new technology shows up every other minute, and new devices that websites have to work on show up every other second.
Do you spend that much time and effort working on improving your craft?
Yeah, I didn’t think so. If you do, I bet you charge a lot for your services (or you should).
We’re expensive, but we should be.
The problem is, a lot of developers just want to build your site, and that’s the end of it. Which is fine, that’s generally all the contract calls for.
But where does that leave you? You’ve paid maybe several thousand dollars (do you have that kind of money to spend right now?), and you probably got a great website. I’m sure it’s beautiful.
But can you update it? Do you know how to make changes if you want or need to? What happens next? What happens if you get error messages?
Are you left swinging in the wind, like you were with the downloaded templates?
What about in a few years when it’s time to update or upgrade? Will you hire that person again?
Are they even still around?
oh god, all the others suck!
so what do you do now??!?
your answer is here.
Now as you already know, I am a developer. But, I am not offering custom site development anymore, for a variety of reasons. But the main reason is because I couldn’t serve enough people by doing one-on-one custom sites.
Not to mention, you should be empowered to handle your own sites.
So, I created a way to make both of those desires manifest.
I built a series of site templates, using designs that I know are commercially successful, and I’m offering them to you to use yourself.
All at an awesomely reasonable price.
Your site is right here waiting for you to pick it up! But on top of that, once you choose from any of the below designs, I will INSTALL THE SITE FOR YOU. And then, I will PERSONALLY TEACH YOU how to re-tool it with your logos, colors, images and copy, to make it uniquely yours. But the hard work is already done, as the site is ALREADY BUILT.
If you’re ready to get your own show on the road, all you have to do now is say
“yES! Let’s get on with it already!! I’m tired of waiting!”
Let’s go, dammit.
So... which is your site?
More to come!
wait a minute... What do you mean, teach me?
I mean that along with your site template installation package, four hours of personal video instruction is included. Just you, me, and Skype, baby (you’ll need a Skype account if you don’t already have one). This personalized attention will walk you through each element of your site template, and show you how to change the different parts so you can add your own images, copy, and branding yourself.
And after each session, I will email you the screen recording video of the session, so you can go over and over it whenever you feel like it. Jam!
So I’ve taken all that fear out of the equation. I have built the site framework for you, I will personally install it with your hosting under your domain, and I will be providing four hours of instruction on how to update it for your branding and content. I could have your initial site template up and running while you are SLEEPING.
What more could you ask?
well, now that you mention it... how much?
Personal installation of your ready-to-go template website, AS WELL AS four hours of private video coaching to get you started, for only:
but wait another minute... how does this really work?
Okay, so this is what’s going to happen next:
- You decide what template you would like to have for your website
- You decide what date you want to have your template site installed on your hosting server (what you see on the template site – not the demos – is exactly what you get)
- You decide what dates will work to schedule your private coaching (minimum schedule one hour per week for four weeks, maximum schedule one hour per day for four days)
- You check my calendar to make sure your dates are available
- You fill out the form below and make your requests
- You pay for the service
- You’ll receive confirmation of your dates scheduled
Once payment is completed, this is what’s going to happen next:
- We’ll make arrangements for me to be able to access your hosting server
- On the scheduled date and time, I will install TWO sites to your hosting server – one copy for testing and playing around, and one production (live) copy
- I will test both sites to make sure everything works as expected
And now you have a website!
(well, a framework anyway)
You schedule your coaching sessions....
and learn how to turn your template into
your DREAM site
so you can have
your dream business
which will support
your DREAM life
so what is included in the coaching? Exactly?
WHAT Is included
- Basic tutorial on how to operate WordPress (including settings, menus, media, managing comments)
- More comprehensive tutorial of Elementor page builder (excludes layout changes)
- Navigation and explanation of all elements on included pages and templates
- Tutorial of Essential Addons elements used in template
- How to change colors, fonts, images and copy content
- How to add a new post (custom post types included) using classic WordPress editor only
- Basic tutorial of WordFence security (plugin included to prevent hacking)
- Other tutorial requests if time allows
WHAT Is not included
- How to change layout of templates
- SEO optimization. Since all content is supposed to be replaced, any SEO optimization will be your responsibility to learn and add (if desired)
- Third party integrations (i.e. email management, third party ecommerce applications, digital course integrations, payment processing services like Paypal, etc.)
- New page or theme template development or design
- Setup of WooCommerce shop, if included in template (this is a separately purchased class)
- Hosting server operation or domain settings
- Please understand: you will get the template site exactly as you see it in the live preview. There is no content (other than Greek text) and there are no images (other than the placeholders) included with the template.
- Two great resources for gorgeous images can be found at Envato Elements and at Haute Stock (affiliate links). I use both of these companies all the time for my photos.
- All coaching sessions are screen recorded (unless you opt out). The recordings will be sent to you after each session, so you can review any time you want.
- The four hours of included coaching sessions must be used within one month of your installation date.
man, that sounds awesome. who else have you worked with?
I’m glad you asked! As a matter of fact, I have worked with a lot of people, and they say stuff! Hear them roar!
ok, this all sounds good. Now what?
In order to get started, the following requirements must be met:
Fill out the form below to let me know which template you would want to use, and what your desired installation date is. You’ll be directed to the payment page. Then we can talk about getting your site started!